How to install some software that requires Python 2.6 and rejects 2.7?

Stephen John Smoogen smooge at gmail.com
Fri Apr 13 22:28:28 UTC 2012

On 13 April 2012 09:58, Horst H. von Brand <vonbrand at inf.utfsm.cl> wrote:
> Richard Shaw <hobbes1069 at gmail.com> wrote:
>> On Thu, Apr 12, 2012 at 3:37 PM, Fernando Cassia <fcassia at gmail.com> wrote:
>> > of which http://mcepl.fedorapeople.org/rpms/ maintains Fedora RPMs for here
>> > http://mcepl.fedorapeople.org/rpms/scribes-0.4-0.bzr20111117r1032.1.el6.noarch.rpm
>>
>> You're trying to install the el6 package which must ship with Python
>> 2.6. Easiest solution is to download the source RPM instead and
>> rebuild it on your system:
>
> I find it strange that there is a EPEL package that isn't also available for
> Fedora proper. Isn't that a requirement for EPEL?

No. The requirement is that the package is reviewed and acceptable to
Fedora Packaging standards.. but various packages can be EPEL only if
they will only work on stuff that Fedora has no want to maintain
anymore.

--
Stephen J Smoogen.
recommend pleasant. You may quote me."  —James Stewart as Elwood P. Dowd