Move from /media to /run/media/$USER

Jonathan Kamens jik at kamens.us
Sun Apr 15 00:19:38 UTC 2012

It is absurdly unpredictable that if I stick a DVD in my drive after
logging in, it is mounted underneath /run/media/$USER, but if my
computer than crashes, or I reboot it by hand, and I log in immediately
after the reboot, that DVD is no longer mounted.

Independent of whether the move from /media to /run/media/$USER is a
good idea, and I'm reserving judgment on that, clearly the behavior I
just described above is entirely unexpected by the user and therefore wrong.

   Jonathan Kamens