Inadequate sound device control

Chuck Forsberg WA7KGX N2469R caf at omen.com
Sun Apr 15 20:35:31 UTC 2012

My particular requirement is to control the audio input selection,
mute, and level on an Asus Xonar sound card.  The only thing
that I found able to control that is "gnome-control-center sound".

Accordingly I have to create a launcher on my Xfce desktop.

It would be nice if the ordering of audio devices were deterministic
instead of random.

--
Chuck Forsberg WA7KGX N2469R     caf at omen.com   www.omen.com