old TCs/RCs downloads - do you need them?

"J├│hann B. Gu├░mundsson" johannbg at gmail.com
Mon Apr 16 20:48:22 UTC 2012

On 04/16/2012 04:07 PM, Kamil Paral wrote:
> I'd like to ask people to voice their opinions on that policy. Do you have some use cases where you would still use the old and latest composes, or do you not need them?

 From my point of view we should not need them since we can always
"downgrade" packages should components be broken on relevant newer spin
so basically this boils down to the Installer and if necessary we can
keep the files relevant to Anaconda should we for some reason need to
"downgrade" the installer...

Basically I think the policy should be this.

Always keep the latest successful nightly build of all spins - delete
rest ( including once from previous release cycles )
Always keep the latest milestone - delete rest ( including once from
previous release cycles ) Infra could store previous milestone someplace
internally if necessary for some history purpose or to server on demand.
Keep files relevant to test the installer throughout the development
cycle once we go GA delete them

First and foremost infrastructure should provide direct downloads to the
iso's at all times preferably with a link latest naming scheme to it so
we can write and provide script(s) for reporters to fetch the latest ISO
bits.

Alternative download methods such as torrents and what not should come
after that.

JBG