It must be said: the photo import app in F17 is the most intrusive annoying piece of sw I've seen

Ed Greshko Ed.Greshko at greshko.com
Tue Apr 17 03:54:48 UTC 2012

On 04/14/2012 09:14 PM, Fernando Cassia wrote:
> I plug a removable USB drive into the system and the transparent
> window pops up telling me if I want to:
>
> 1. Import the pictures into this software
> 2. Eject.

FWIW, I just installed the latest F17 Live Desktop beta.

Upon plugging in a USB flash drive I get a popup at the bottom with the options for...

1.  Open with Files
2.  Eject

I don't get "Import the pictures into this software"

I installed both shotwell and digikam and I don't get any options to import into
either of them.

So, I don't see what you are seeing.  What else have you installed?

of the century. -- Dame Edna Everage