Move from /media to /run/media/$USER

Adam Williamson awilliam at redhat.com
Tue Apr 17 10:25:23 UTC 2012

On Fri, 2012-04-13 at 14:05 -0500, Steven Stern wrote:

> This behavior messes up a bunch of scripts I've written that assume the
> external USB drive "MyBackupDrive" will be hooked up as
> "/media/MyBackupDrive" no matter who's logged in when it's plugged in.
> Phooey.

Just put an entry in /etc/fstab . udisks respects any configuration
found in /etc/fstab; if there's a line there for the disk it's about to
mount, it will mount it in the location specified.

So just:

/dev/disk/by-label/MyBackupDrive   /media/MyBackupDrive  ext4   defaults    1 2

should do the trick fine.