It must be said: the photo import app in F17 is the most intrusive annoying piece of sw I've seen

Fernando Cassia fcassia at gmail.com
Tue Apr 17 11:32:02 UTC 2012

On Tue, Apr 17, 2012 at 08:10, Adam Williamson <awilliam at redhat.com> wrote:

> I think it only pops up on media that GNOME considers to be 'photo
> media'.

Thanks Adam,

That seems to nail it.

I use a USB ´pen drive´ that also acts as a sd card reader.
And yes, it does have a DCIM folder.

Yet I plugged it in to copy random files to it, not import images. And even
if there were images in there, that´s not a good enough reason to fire up
the photo indexing app. Maybe he user wants to use a bitmap editor, copy
files, etc.

That´s why I think other options should be offered, like ¨open folder¨ or
¨do nothing¨.

FC