It must be said: the photo import app in F17 is the most intrusive annoying piece of sw I've seen

Ed Greshko Ed.Greshko at greshko.com
Tue Apr 17 12:19:39 UTC 2012

On 04/17/2012 07:18 PM, Adam Williamson wrote:
> Did the medium you tested with have a DCIM directory? If you create one,
> do you start seeing what Fernando sees?

That does seem to have been the key.  Previously my medium didn't have a DCIM directory.

After adding it, my choices are to either

1.  Open with Shotwell
2.  Eject

I would agree that to be a limiting choice.  KDE, which I use, give you a wider choice.

So, what component is responsible?   I think it could use a bugzilla....unless it has
already been reported.

And, it also should offer more than one import choice if capable applications other
than ShotWell have been installed

of the century.

-- Dame Edna Everage