Inadequate sound device control

Adam Williamson awilliam at redhat.com
Tue Apr 17 15:36:08 UTC 2012

On Tue, 2012-04-17 at 14:36 +0200, Karel Volný wrote:

> now if there is only one volume control, how do I express that I
> want to mute the microphone and set the line-in to some value?

PA doesn't treat this as a question of volumes but a question of inputs,
or, as GNOME volume control puts it, 'connectors'. On the Input tab of
the GNOME volume control applet thingy, they show up as options in a
drop-down list. You can pick one input source at a time. You pick an
input source, then pick the volume for it.

I don't know about the 'boost' case.