new Release Criterion proposal: kernel+initrd boot

Brian C. Lane bcl at redhat.com
Tue Apr 17 15:42:17 UTC 2012

On Tue, Apr 17, 2012 at 12:08:04PM +0100, Adam Williamson wrote:
> On Mon, 2012-04-16 at 10:11 -0400, Kamil Paral wrote:
>
> > > [1] "The installer must boot (if appropriate) and run on all primary
> > > architectures, with all system firmware types that are common on
> > > those architectures, from default live image, DVD, and boot.iso
> > > install media"
> >
> > If there are no further objections I'll put it into Alpha criteria tomorrow.
>
> I'm okay with it, but I'm CCing bcl to give him a chance to object if
> anaconda team feels that supporting PXE in Alpha is unnecessarily
> ambitious...

Yes, I think Alpha is too early to require PXE to work. I'm fine with
Beta. In general I think we need to be fairly loose with Anaconda and
Alpha -- as long as there is some way to boot the installer I'm happy.
We currently don't see alot of installer testing in rawhide so the
period before Alpha is too short to expect everything to be working.