It must be said: the photo import app in F17 is the most intrusive annoying piece of sw I've seen

Ed Greshko Ed.Greshko at greshko.com
Tue Apr 17 15:49:25 UTC 2012

On 04/17/2012 11:39 PM, Adam Williamson wrote:
> On Tue, 2012-04-17 at 22:18 +0800, Ed Greshko wrote:
>>> Shouldn't you report that directly to gnome?
>>> https://bugzilla.gnome.org/browse.cgi
>>>

>> In the past, bugzillas that weren't specific to Fedora were "kicked upstairs" by the
>> fedora package maintainer.  Is that no longer the case?
> It is, but if we already know it's not a Fedora-specific bug, why not
> cut out the middleman and save everyone time and trouble?

OK....  But do we *know* that simply because it is GNOME and no customization is done
and no Fedora specific patches are applied?

>> Besides, I'm a KDE user.  So, I've no clue as to what component within GNOME this
>> should be reported against.  Is is only a configuration issue?
> I wouldn't worry too much about it. Just pick Shell or Nautilus, it'll
> get corrected by the maintainer if it's wrong

I love black boxes.  Sure would like to know how the "insert" process is handled and
where these decisions are made.

Well, I suppose I'll just file it upstream (the term I couldn't recall) when I wake up.

of the century. -- Dame Edna Everage