Move from /media to /run/media/$USER

Pete Travis lists at petetravis.com
Tue Apr 17 16:19:16 UTC 2012

On Apr 17, 2012 9:41 AM, "Adam Williamson" <awilliam
<awilliam at redhat.com>@<awilliam at redhat.com>
redhat.com <awilliam at redhat.com>> wrote:

> On Tue, 2012-04-17 at 19:42 +0530, Ankur Sinha wrote:
>
> > I just dug in. You can use the "disks" utility in gnome3 to mark your
> > partitions/drives as automount. This also lets you specify where you
> > want to mount them, properties etc.
> >
> > I think this should be somewhere in the release notes too. The GUI
> > basically adds the entries according to your configuration to fstab,
> > nothing special :)
>
> Yeah, I wanted to add that to the release notes, which is why I asked
> Pete exactly where he edited them.
> --
> Adam Williamson

I added a comment that effectively mirrors Bill's original statement in
this thread directly to the release notes source, ref
http://lists.fedoraproject.org/pipermail/docs-commits/2012-April/024864.html.

I didn't realize this was a GNOME specific feature and haven't personally
looked into the "disks" utility.  Please feel free to correct, append, or
replace; just let me know how I can help.

--pete