F17 Beta DVD install options

Adam Williamson awilliam at redhat.com
Tue Apr 17 20:14:58 UTC 2012

On Tue, 2012-04-17 at 09:50 -0700, Tommy Pham wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Has anyone tried the recent beta released on DVD?

Yes.

> Does it give
> various install options like F16?

Yes.

>   The alpha F17 only installed bare
> minimal.

Um, no it didn't. It had a full set of install options and defaulted to
a heavy graphical desktop install just like F16.

That sounds like you wound up with text mode install, for some reason,
which gives you a minimal package set and no choice about it. If that
happens and you didn't explicitly request it, the important question
becomes 'why did I wind up in text mode', and the answer is usually
'there's some kind of bug in the graphics driver for my video adapter'.

Try Beta, and let us know what happens :)