Move from /media to /run/media/$USER

John Morris jmorris at beau.org
Tue Apr 17 21:39:28 UTC 2012

On Tue, 2012-04-17 at 21:09 +0100, Adam Williamson wrote:

> I don't think anyone would contest that /etc/fstab is a very old UNIX
> way of doing things. =)

Oh yes, but why do I have the notion we aren't supposed to be using
fstab for removable media anymore?  Google doesn't turn up anything
positive to confirm that vague memory though.  If it is still safe to
use fstab I'm a reasonably happy camper.

Still hold to my general objection that rearranging things yet again in
a period of a couple of years, first from /mnt to /media and now again
to /run/media/$USER is a bit much when for 90% of use cases it gains
nothing and has a negative of additional user confusion.