No way to add a new app launcher from Gnome 3.x GUI?

Fernando Cassia fcassia at gmail.com
Wed Apr 18 18:04:01 UTC 2012

On Wed, Apr 18, 2012 at 14:59, Joachim Backes
<joachim.backes at rhrk.uni-kl.de> wrote:

> I think that should be done by alacarte, but it's broken actually.

Joachim,

I appreciate your reply, and don´t get me wrong, but anybody else
understands how counter-intuititive this whole thing is?. Why need to
call an external program to create a new program launcher? are Gnome
devs nuts?

It should be a function of the bloody desktop, sheesh!.

Imagine in Windows or OSX if to create a new program launcher you were
told to "find program Cardmudgeon" to do the operation...

Again, User Experience, they have heard of it...

And I´ve used a number of desktops from GEOS back in the Commodore 64
days to AmigaOS to the OS/2 Workplace Shell. None were as awkward and
incomplete as Gnome 3.x is in some areas.

I know this doesn´t solve my problem, but I´m outraged.
FC