started display manager = hang

Fernando Cassia fcassia at gmail.com
Wed Apr 18 19:13:29 UTC 2012

On Wed, Apr 18, 2012 at 12:12, Fernando Cassia <fcassia at gmail.com> wrote:

> So, I´m running out of clues as to what to do. I´m curious if any of you
> running F17 with the testing repos experienced any hiccup wrt X not
> starting up?.
>
> If not, I´d really appreciate clues wrt how to get my system back to a
> working state.

OK, I´m progressing but not at the speed I´d wish.
I looked at the Xorg log files and the last thing it loaded before the hang
were the vbox drivers.

I remember the last thing I had installed before the reboot was the vbox
ose plugins.

So I went to the xorg libs dir and removed vbox*.

I guess I was wrong to remove the files without removing the references to
them, as now the system boots to a point where the monitors put themselves
in power-saving mode (blinking power led) and I can´t even do ctrl-alt-f2
to get to a login prompt.

So, I´d really appreciate if someone more knowledgeable about Xorg snafus
would give me a generic recipe to get my system back to at least vesa mode.

I guess booting from grub 2.0 in single user mode would be first right?
FC

act
Durante épocas de Engaño Universal, decir la verdad se convierte en un Acto
Revolucionario
- George Orwell