Hey! Hard disk install of DVD iso works!

Tom Horsley horsley1953 at gmail.com
Wed Apr 18 23:54:43 UTC 2012

On Thu, 19 Apr 2012 00:05:42 +0100
Adam Williamson wrote:

> If grub2 isn't designed to be chainloaded in that way, it isn't.

But it is supposed to work. I've already added a pointer to
an upstream bug fixed not too long ago where blocklist
booting was broken and the grub maintainers considered that
a bug.

Also Mads Kiilerich has built various different versions
from the grub2 sources and gotten them to work correctly.

It is clearly a grub2 bug and we either need Mads' new
grub2 in the final release or we need to revert to
the version in f16.