F17 Beta DVD install options

John Morris jmorris at beau.org
Thu Apr 19 00:25:28 UTC 2012

On Wed, 2012-04-18 at 18:13 +0100, Adam Williamson wrote:

> Not all hacks involve the attacker posting some kind of 'HAHA U HAZ BEEN
> HACKED' notice to let you know about it. Those are the _nice_ hackers.

Well they usually DO something with a machine they have 0wn3ed.  No spam
spewing forth, no probes against other hosts, etc.   And rpm -Va doesn't
show anything nasty in the packages that would give an intruder an in.

OpenWrt is running on the gateway so I see what sort of things are going
through the NAT.  And it is up to date.

Is all that enough to be 100% sure?  Nah.  On the other hand if I were
the sort of paranoid who spent a lot of time with those sort of thoughts
I'd be running OpenBSD.