No way to add a new app launcher from Gnome 3.x GUI?

Matthias Clasen mclasen at redhat.com
Thu Apr 19 01:22:56 UTC 2012

On Wed, 2012-04-18 at 15:04 -0300, Fernando Cassia wrote:

> I know this doesn´t solve my problem, but I´m outraged.

In general, we expect an application to bring a suitable desktop file so
it is usable after you installed it. That is even part of the packaging
guidelines, last I checked.

If the application you want a launcher for is something you created
yourself, I don't think it is outrageous to expect you to write a
desktop file after you already wrote the application...