automatically mounting physically attached media (was Re: Move from /media to /run/media/$USER)

Matthias Clasen mclasen at redhat.com
Thu Apr 19 03:29:46 UTC 2012

On Thu, 2012-04-19 at 03:26 +0100, Adam Williamson wrote:
> On Wed, 2012-04-18 at 21:38 -0400, Ma
>
> Honestly, I'm not sure there's any difference at all between 'mount on
> attach' and 'mount on any attempt to access' from a security POV.

http://git.gnome.org/browse/gvfs/commit/?id=e30a67f3215d829e95ee7e358c67af7d67635fe8

is an example for the kind of unhappiness you get - and there's also
very little difference between doing something automatically while the
screen is locked or doing something automatically with an already
plugged in device on login or unlock.