screen crashes in F17 alpha/beta

Dan Mashal dan.mashal at gmail.com
Thu Apr 19 17:28:03 UTC 2012

I use screen all the time in conjunction with BitchX on Fedora 17 without any issues.

However I did notice when also trying the /detach function I was getting some weird errors:

Error creating IPC socket.
[dan at Fedora17 ~]$ /pts/0. To re-attach type scr-bx
error creating socket (-2: Address family not supported by protocol)

Screen itself works fine with BitchX but this is a detach function that is built in to the program that has worked for years. I will try disabling SELinux and see if that makes a difference.

Either way, could you provide some insight to this, Michal?

Thanks,
Dan