Draft SOP for requesting TCs/RCs

Adam Williamson awilliam at redhat.com
Thu Apr 19 20:37:26 UTC 2012

On Thu, 2012-04-19 at 08:43 -0400, Kamil Paral wrote:
> > We did have a few different bright ideas, but they're all rather
> > bigger
> > changes that might be better off being discussed separately from this
> > SOP.
> >
> > So how about this: what if we put the current draft into production
> > but
> > entirely leave out the paragraph about doing a TC release after an RC
> > release, so the SOP just doesn't cover the case at all? That would at
> > least document current practice reasonably well.
> >
> > Then I'll try and find some time to synthesize all the ideas that
> > came
> > later in this thread, about revising TC/RC naming and so on, and
> > maybe
> > made on devel a year or so back. I'll try and come up with some kind
> > of
> > comprehensive proposal covering all those ideas, in terms of actually
> > revising the process itself. This SOP proposal was really just
> > intended
> > to be a document _describing_ current practice, I didn't have
> > changing
> > the practice in mind when writing it.
> >
> > If that sounds okay to everyone, I'll put the SOP minus the
> > controversial paragraph into 'production' tomorrow, and then work on
> > the
> > new 'change the process' proposal when I can. Thanks!
>
> ACK

OK, I went ahead and did this -
https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/QA:SOP_compose_request . I'll try to come
up with a synthesized proposal for improving the compose naming and so
resolving the TC/RC problem ASAP (or of course, if anyone wants to get
in first, they're more than welcome to!). Thanks for all the ideas
everyone!