screen crashes in F17 alpha/beta

Brian Johnson voyager.106 at gmail.com
Thu Apr 19 20:48:54 UTC 2012

Thanks Michal,

What's odd, though, and makes it seem unlikely it's a disk issue is, this
is happening on 2 different machines -- a brand new laptop that had F16
(where screen was working) on it before the clean install of F17 alpha and
another machine where screen was working without a problem with F16, but
then the first time I tried running 'xterm -e screen' after updating to
F17, it crashed. That's my home computer, so I don't know if it's the same
message I got on my laptop, but can look at home.

I'll check /var/log/messages, dmesg, and do an strace as you recommended
though.

Brian