Inadequate sound device control

John Morris jmorris at beau.org
Fri Apr 20 16:30:24 UTC 2012

On Fri, 2012-04-20 at 17:46 +0200, Karel Volný wrote:

> > Either way, file a bug report
>
> that's what I've done
>
> - would you dare to guess what is the reaction?

Not our problem?  They have a very good SEP field generator.

> > Yes, there is usually some initial pain when major subsystems
> > like audio or init get changed, but in the end, the result is
> > so much better.
>
> ahem, PA got introduced in F8[1], this is nearly 5 years ago!(*)

And some of us remember Pottering declaring years ago that Pulse was
going to be subject to Brooks Law and was already planning it's
replacement.  Pulse is now getting close enough to working that more
people leave it enabled than remove it so my money is on a new effort to
rip and replace as soon as he gets done leaving system init and logging
in a smoking heap of fail for others to finish.. most likely by ripping
and replacing again.