Fedora-17 Irritations

Peter Hillier-Brook phb at hbsys.plus.com
Sat Apr 21 15:52:27 UTC 2012

On 21/04/12 12:55, Ed Greshko wrote:
[cut]

> Well, I check GNOME and I found that if you click on your name in the upper right and
> choose System Settings you can choose "Region and Language" and change the layout.
> Picking United Kingdom (English) results in picking Metric.

Exactly the problem! I'm not French and I want English measurements to
be the default for United Kingdom locale settings.

>>> This can easily be set in CUPS.  Using a browser go to http://localhost:631/ and
>>> choose the "Administration" tab.  Should be obvious from there.
>>
>> Again no problem. The physical printer is set to A4 and test pages print as A4 with
>> KDE, but with GNOME 3.4 under Fedora-17 the output is American Letter size. Whence
>> cometh it?
>>

> You mean the output of test pages?  Or?  After I change the default paper size to A4
> (standard here in Asia) the test page in GNOME prints A4.  So, I don't see any issue.

I'm not sure to what you refer in "changing the default paper size". I
can't find a location in which to set that parameter. It certainly isn't
in "Printers" from the "Applications" menu.

Peter HB