Fedora-17 Irritations

Samuel Sieb samuel at sieb.net
Sun Apr 22 01:09:49 UTC 2012

Peter Hillier-Brook wrote:

> Exactly the problem! I'm not French and I want English measurements to be the
> default for United Kingdom locale settings.

It looks like there isn't a gui for it any more, but see this URL for how to
change it:
http://ccollins.wordpress.com/2009/01/06/how-to-change-date-formats-on-ubuntu/
You want to change the 1 in the following section to a 2.
LC_MEASUREMENT
measurement    1
END LC_MEASUREMENT

> I'm not sure to what you refer in "changing the default paper size". I can't
> find a location in which to set that parameter. It certainly isn't in "Printers"
> from the "Applications" menu.

You want the "Printing" application which is actually "system-config-printer".