Fedora-17 Irritations

Ed Greshko Ed.Greshko at greshko.com
Sun Apr 22 03:05:46 UTC 2012

On 04/22/2012 05:31 AM, Peter Hillier-Brook wrote:
>> On 04/21/2012 11:52 PM, Peter Hillier-Brook wrote:
>>> Exactly the problem! I'm not French and I want English measurements to be the
>>> default for United Kingdom locale settings.
>>
>> I'll give that some thought after I wake up.....  4AM you see....
>
> Thanks. I appreciate that.

One thing you can do, on a per user basis, is to create a $HOME/.i18n file and make
the changes you want.

For example, since the US uses Imperial measurement you could simply create a .i18n
file that contains:

LC_MEASUREMENT="en_US.UTF-8"

I'm sure there is a way to make these changes system-wide defaults....but don't have
time to look into that at the moment.

of the century. -- Dame Edna Everage