Where to file a RFE for "Add Remove programs" ?

Fernando Cassia fcassia at gmail.com
Sun Apr 22 17:52:11 UTC 2012

I  was using the "Add Remove programs" in F17 and scrolling down to
find the name of a bash util I did install yesterday but whose name
didn't remember (and it being a bash shell, obviously it didn' t show
up in the Gnome "Applications" screen).

So had to type "mount"  on the Add/Remove Apps search field, wait for
results to be retrieved, and then scroll down the long list of results
looking for items that did not have a checkbox next to them (that is,
installed packages).

That' s where it struck me: there should be a drop down selection next
to the apps' s menu bar (that is, top-right corner of the window)
reading "show only:" and two options on the drop-down "Apps to be
installed", "Installed apps".

Then the listing would be automagically filtered to include the
selected kind of results.

I later found about the "Filters" menu bar option and sub-options, but
imho it' s too hidden for the new user.

Thoughts? Comments?

Where can I file such a Request for Enhancement? Is "Add/Remove
programs" exclusively a Fedora thing, or upstream Gnome?.
TIA

FC

Durante épocas de Engaño Universal, decir la verdad se convierte en un
Acto Revolucionario
- George Orwell