Fedora-17 Irritations

Samuel Sieb samuel at sieb.net
Mon Apr 23 21:51:27 UTC 2012

Peter Hillier-Brook wrote:

> Just for the record, I edited the file in situ and then re-booted. For such a
> trivial change in a test environment I see no need for copying, although I
> accept your point in the general case.

Turns out that there's an extra step required as all those files are compiled
into one big archive.  The following command assumes you modified the en_GB file.

localedef -i en_GB -c -f UTF-8 en_GB.UTF-8

You may not even need to relogin for it to take effect, just restarting
whichever application uses that info should be enough.