F17 >> Rawhide...

Scott Robbins scottro at nyc.rr.com
Mon Apr 23 22:31:46 UTC 2012

On Mon, Apr 23, 2012 at 10:15:50PM +0100, Frank Murphy wrote:
> On 23/04/12 22:04, Rob Healey wrote:
> >Dear All:
> >
> >Is rawhide usable once again?
> I am tired of getting dracut shell....

For me, mostly because of a fix for Sentelic mousepads, I just did a net install a little while ago--booting with
F17 net install then changing packages so that it just pulled in rawhide. I  chose a minimal installation, and after
that, updated, made sure that it wasn't looking for NetworkManager, then installed basic X, that is, server, xterm,
dwm window manager, xinit and drivers for intel graphics and synaptics.  It seemed fine, but all I was testing was
the touchpad--for what it's worth though, networking was fine, X was fine--but DWM, not Gnome, and I have no idea
how the different DE's are doing in rawhide.

--
Scott Robbins
PGP keyID EB3467D6