2012-04-23 - Fedora QA Meeting - recap

Adam Williamson awilliam at redhat.com
Mon Apr 23 22:52:19 UTC 2012

As always, minutes and IRC transcript available on the wiki at
https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/QA/Meetings/20120423

Next meeting is scheduled for 2012-04-30 at 1500 UTC in #fedora-meeting.
If you have topics you think we should bring up at the meeting, please
add them to the Wiki page at
https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/QA/Meetings/20120430 . Thanks!

TOPIC: Previous meeting follow-up
	* tflink to ping gnome boxes people about test day on thursday
	  - test day was delayed till 2012-05-03
	* kparal to start thread on test@ regarding use of RCs between
	  GOLD and release - thread is here[1], kparal has requested
	  releng to keep the composes around for longer
	* tflink to send out testing request for f15 livecd-tools to
	  test@ - tflink full of fail and update is still in -testing,
	  so he'd better do it this week or get fired again

TOPIC: Fedora 17 Final TC planning
	* TC1 is scheduled for today, we will try to pull in a new
	  anaconda build and new bits for mactel support

TOPIC: Test Day report
	* JBoss Test Day 2012-04-17[2] looks like it went off okay
	* Live image writing 2012-04-19[3] produced a few useful
	  results and a good skeleton for future events

TOPIC: Upcoming QA events
	* Fedora 17 Final TC1 on 2012-04-23 (scheduled)
	* ABRT Test Day on 2012-04-26[4], page does not look to be
	  ready yet
	* Final blocker review #2 on 2012-04-27

TOPIC: AutoQA update
	* rats_install was broken by noloader change to anaconda, and
	  needs a new autoqa release to get fixed, but the issue is
	  identified and the fix is known

TOPIC: Open floor
	* tflink: Google Summer of Code results are announced soon, we
	  have two projects which might get approved

ACTION ITEMS
	* tflink to send out testing request for f15 livecd-tools to
	  test@
	* kparal to poke abrt team about the test day planned for 04-26
	  and ensure they're ready in time or it is postponed

[1] http://lists.fedoraproject.org/pipermail/test/2012-April/106961.html
[2] http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Test_Day:2012-04-17_JBoss_Application_Server
[3] http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Test_Day:2012-04-19_liveusb-tools
[4] http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Test_Day:2012-04-26_ABRT_and_deduplication_service