F17 >> Rawhide...

Scott Robbins scottro at nyc.rr.com
Mon Apr 23 23:40:04 UTC 2012

On Mon, Apr 23, 2012 at 06:31:46PM -0400, Scott Robbins wrote:
> On Mon, Apr 23, 2012 at 10:15:50PM +0100, Frank Murphy wrote:
> > On 23/04/12 22:04, Rob Healey wrote:
> > >Dear All:
> > >
> > >Is rawhide usable once again?
> > I am tired of getting dracut shell....
>
> For me, mostly because of a fix for Sentelic mousepads, I just did a net install a little while ago--booting with
> F17 net install then changing packages so that it just pulled in rawhide. I  chose a minimal installation, and after
> that, updated, made sure that it wasn't looking for NetworkManager, then installed basic X, that is, server, xterm,
> dwm window manager, xinit and drivers for intel graphics and synaptics.  It seemed fine, but all I was testing was
> the touchpad--for what it's worth though, networking was fine, X was fine--but DWM, not Gnome, and I have no idea
> how the different DE's are doing in rawhide.

Addition--well, just did another install the same way, and this one is won't boot.  First, it couldn't find a font that was specified in
grub, then it couldn't find disk by uuid.  So, ignore the stuff above, seems that it's at least partially broken.

--
Scott Robbins
PGP keyID EB3467D6

Oz: We survived.