Karma needed for builds intended for TC1

John Reiser jreiser at bitwagon.com
Wed Apr 25 03:12:22 UTC 2012

On 04/24/2012 02:56 PM, Tim Flink wrote:
> http://tflink.fedorapeople.org/iso/20120424_f17-preTC1-3.x64.boot.iso

> I haven't done a bare metal install with this iso yet but it boots for
> me on multiple EFI machines, so I'm pretty confident that the kinks
> have been worked out.

EFI booting that DVD to update an existing Fedora 17 Beta x86_64 with
EFI boot, and requesting "Do not change bootloader config", has left
my system unbootable.

First, it did change /boot/efi/EFI/redhat/grub.conf, even though I asked
for no change.  Second, the update left only one stanza in grub.conf,
completely erasing what was there before.  This was an Update, so the
old stanzas should have remained present.  Third, the bootloader was
changed to one that cannot find anything, and always drops to
"grub rescue >".  Fourth, there is no "help" command in grub rescue.

Also, I cannot find an explicit Rescue mode on that boot.iso.  Appending
" rescue" to a kernel command line does get Rescue mode, but there
is NO grub*-install command on boot.iso, so I cannot re-install the bootloader.

FAIL, FAIL, FAIL, FAIL, FAIL, FAIL!