reboot hangs with systemd-44-7.fc17

Ed Greshko Ed.Greshko at greshko.com
Fri Apr 27 14:28:03 UTC 2012

On 04/27/2012 09:45 PM, Pedro Francisco wrote:
> On Fri, Apr 27, 2012 at 8:22 AM, Joachim Backes
> <joachim.backes at rhrk.uni-kl.de> wrote:
>> after updating to systemd-44-7.fc17 (and systemd-sysv-44-7.fc17), rebooting
>> hangs up.
> Is it just me or disabling wireless/unplugging the network cable seems to work ?

OK....  Now this is really weird....

My F17 system is in a VM.  I'm also using KDE.  Before doing the shutdown from the
KDE menu I "disconnected the cable" in the VM settings.  The shutdown seemed to work
immediately but then died on a panic.  I tried this a few times and it was repeatable.

On a subsequent try I left the cable connected and clicked on "Leave-->Shutdown" but
no dialog box popped up.  I waited a minute or so....nothing.  So, I issued an "init
6" and the system rebooted  immediately.

Now, I can't get the failure to reproduce at all!

of the century. -- Dame Edna Everage