no automatic connection for wireless

Antonio Olivares olivares14031 at yahoo.com
Sat Apr 28 01:33:39 UTC 2012

Dear folks,

I have an acer aspire one netbook with atheros wireless:

01:00.0 Ethernet controller: Atheros Communications Inc. AR242x / AR542x Wireless Network Adapter (PCI-Express) (rev 01)

After kernel 3.3.1(3.3.1-5.fc17.i686), the wireless does not connect automatically anymore :(,
I have to push the switch on the side back and forth and after two or three moves it then starts.

It used to work without this hack before in previous releases since a good while, and now it does not.

[root at acer-aspire-1 ~]# uname -a
Linux acer-aspire-1 3.3.2-8.fc17.i686 #1 SMP Sat Apr 21 12:41:50 UTC 2012 i686 i686 i386 GNU/Linux

What do I need to do?
It was working before, but now it does not have.  I have to push the switch from side to side to get the wireless up, but before I did not.  Is there a way I can get the default behavior back up?

In FreeBSD and windows, the wireless comes up without problems, but only in Fedora.  I am triple booting this netbook.

Best Regards,

Antonio