GIMP 2.8

Fernando Cassia fcassia at gmail.com
Sun Apr 29 14:40:49 UTC 2012

On Sun, Apr 29, 2012 at 10:25, Karel Volný <kvolny at redhat.com> wrote:

> So, feel free to join me with the moment of silence for the good
> old GIMP that is just getting buried.

I share your pain. I've given up on Linux image editors.

For simple stuff (circling text on screenshots, writing text over them) I
just install WINE and use good old Paint Shop PRO 5.0.
It's from the age of Windows 98 yet works wonders for my needs.

Google "PSP501ev.exe". It's damn small too.

Another option is Java Image Editor.
http://www.jhlabs.com/ie/index.html

But sadly it bombs with OpenJDK, it worked fine with JRE. I keep forgetting
to report the bug, I might do it now...
FC

act
- George Orwell