kernel-3.3.4 doesn't compile when customized to disable EFI

stan gryt2 at q.com
Mon Apr 30 16:56:00 UTC 2012

I always compile the Fedora kernel package with a custom config that
tunes it for my system.  The config file that worked on the 3.3.2
kernels fails on the 3.3.4 kernels, complaining that CONFIG_FB_EFI is
not defined.  I have no EFI, so it is turned off completely in my
config file, but it looks like I'll have to enable it to get the 3.3.4
kernel to compile.

I thought about opening a bugzilla, but I don't think Fedora kernel
developers have any interest in failures of custom configurations.  I
imagine there is enough for them to worry about without that.  :-)
This is more in the way of a heads up for other custom kernel compilers.