[criteria update] Anaconda and network-attached storage devices

Chris Lumens clumens at redhat.com
Wed Aug 1 15:55:49 UTC 2012

> I understand anaconda is undergoing a significant and needed rewrite,
> but is it wise to ship a release with a whole lot of installer
> functionality removed?  Maybe F18 should wait until anaconda is ready.

What we're talking about for storage here is:

(1) The filtering UI isn't going to be there.  This was hidden from a
lot of Fedora installs anyway, and it being missing just means you're
going to see more disks in the UI than you might otherwise want.  We've
got mockups for this for the future, and we can take care of it there.
I don't think this is a big loss.

(2) There's not going to be a button for adding multipath, zfcp, certain
iscsi devices.  I've not seen any data yet that this will impact a lot
of Fedora users.  If so, we can perhaps come up with some sort of stop
gap here.  But it's not in the plan yet.  Again, this will come back for
F19.

- Chris