[Test-Announce] FUDCon Paris Updates: Subsidy requests opening, hotel reminders

Robyn Bergeron rbergero at redhat.com
Fri Aug 3 17:00:53 UTC 2012

Greetings! (...or perhaps I should say.... bonjour!)

I'd like to share a few reminders and announcements regarding the
upcoming FUDCon in Paris, France, on October 13-15, 2012.

If you are planning to attend FUDCon and need a travel subsidy to do so,
the ticketing system is now open for those requests.  Requests will be
accepted through August 15, 2012. Please note that funding requests
without a ticket will not be considered. Preference will be given to
attendees from the EMEA region who are actively contributing to Fedora,
and have detailed their participation plans for FUDCon in their request.

To place a subsidy request, please follow these steps:

1: Pre-register at
http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/FUDCon:Paris_2012#Pre-registration - and
put an X in the $$$ column
2: Read about the funding request process and place a funding request
ticket in the FUDCon-planning ticket tracker here:
https://fedorahosted.org/fudcon-planning/wiki/FundingRequest

Additionally, a few notes regarding the hotel in Paris:

There are other events in Paris during this time period; most notably,
our first day of FUDCon will be taking place at the Open World Forum
conference, on the day in which the public is encouraged to participate
in and learn about open source projects.  OWF had nearly 2000 attendees
last year.  Accordingly, rooms might be in short supply as we approach
FUDCon; please, book your hotel as soon as possible, not only for
affordability purposes, but also so that you have a bed to sleep in. :)

We currently have a rate of EUR81 per night at the ibis Paris La Vilette
Cite des Sciencesfor the nights of the 12th, 13th, and 14th of October.
However, this rate will expire at the end of August, and any remaining
rooms in our block will expire.

For instructions on booking your hotel, please read the Lodging/Hotel
section of the FUDCon: Paris wiki:

http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/FUDCon:Paris_2012#Lodging_.2F_Hotel

Cheers,
-Robyn