[criteria update] Serial console

Adam Williamson awilliam at redhat.com
Fri Aug 3 23:09:45 UTC 2012

On Fri, 2012-07-27 at 15:44 +0200, Petr Schindler wrote:
> Because of changes in new anaconda [1] and after short discussion with
> Chris Lumens, I propose to delete this beta [2] criterion:
>
> 'The installer must be able to complete an installation using the serial console interface'
>
> Reason (according to Chris): (This criterion) will need to be removed for this release,
> given that there will be no text mode interface temporarily.
>
> Please, if you have some suggestions or notes reply to this thread. If
> there won't be any objections I'll make changes during next week.

So on this one - there does seem to be an active effort in place to
implement a new text mode for newUI, see anaconda-devel-list. I think it
might be premature to adjust the release criteria as of yet, I think we
can afford to wait and see what happens with the new text UI first.
Still, we should probably develop some sort of process for temporarily
waiving criteria; it shouldn't be too difficult to do. I'll come up with
a proposal for that next week.