[criteria update] Interfaces

clumens at redhat.com clumens at redhat.com
Mon Aug 6 14:27:05 UTC 2012

> I'm not sure the change is really necessary...the text says 'all
> supported interfaces'. If what's officially 'supported' for newUI is
> graphical, VNC and possibly text, then the criterion is correct without
> modification.

Seems like we're splitting hairs here but sure.

> Practically speaking I read the criterion as meaning that all offered
> interfaces must work. So the onus here is really on the anaconda team to
> do something fairly simple - don't allow users to trigger any modes that
> won't work. Only the working modes should be exposed via any kind of UI
> choice, kernel parameter, kickstart parameter etc: none of those things
> should let you kick off an installation using an interface that won't
> work. CCing clumens for that.

Right now if you try to do a non-graphical installation method, the
install halts with a message saying only graphical is supported.  With
the work going on with text mode right now, I'm not likely to do
anything more to block people from doing text mode.  It looks like
that'll just be wasted effort before too much longer.

- Chris