New BugZapper Introduction

Adam Williamson awilliam at redhat.com
Tue Aug 7 23:17:09 UTC 2012

On Mon, 2012-08-06 at 21:26 +1000, Ankur Sinha wrote:
> On Mon, 2012-08-06 at 10:45 +0530, Abhay Jayant Kadam wrote:
> > Hi guys,
> >
> > My name is Abhay, I'm 23 years old and live at Pune, India. I have
> > bachelors degree computer engineering and have been working on Linux
> > for
> > 7 years.
>
> Hi Abhay!
>
> It's great to see new folks coming in.
>

> > I wish to contribute to Fedora/RHEL. I am very glad to join at Fedora
> > Bug Zappers team and I am looking forward to actively contribute to
> > the
> > project.
> >
> > I don't know much about triaging, It will be helpful for me if someone
> > kindly tell me where to start from.
>
> The wiki page gives a gist of what QA is about. So, I suggest you start
> there[1].
>
> There's going to be a QA meeting in a few hours[2]. I think it'll be a
> good idea to attend it and see what goes on. If time permits, you could
> even introduce yourself there during the "Open Floor" and get to know
> the folks involved.
>

> > Thanks and Regards,
> > Abhay
>
> I wish you all the best. Please don't hesitate to bug the list if you
> have more questions.

Thanks Ankur! Abhay, in addition to what Ankur said, sadly the
Bugzappers project is quite quiet / dormant at present. So if you're
looking for an easy place to start where others will give you active
help, it might be best to pick one of the other things listed on the
QA/Join page that Ankur linked to. They're listed roughly in order of
'difficulty' - so 'Reporting bugs in Fedora releases', 'Joining Test
Days', and 'Testing official updates before they are released' are
relatively easy things to get started with. You might want to take a
look at those options as easy ways to get involved. You can always ask
any questions you have here or in #fedora-qa on IRC. Thanks for
volunteering! (Matthew Wilmott, many thanks to you too, and the above
also applies).