boot loop

Clyde E. Kunkel clydekunkel7734 at verizon.net
Sat Aug 11 18:00:41 UTC 2012

On 08/11/2012 11:31 AM, Amit Saha wrote:
> On Sun, Aug 12, 2012 at 1:12 AM, Arnav Kalra <arnavkalra007 at gmail.com> wrote:
>> i just installed Fedora 18 on my system and i am not able to boot it. it
>> gets stuck at target basic system. what should i do?
>
> I got stuck there on a rawhide install a couple of days back. You can
> follow the thread here [1] and see if any solution works for you.
>
> [1] http://www.spinics.net/lists/fedora-testing/msg109054.html
>
> Cheers,
> Amit

Rawhide update on 10 August causes the target basic system loop for me.
  Going back one kernel version fixes it.  Don't know where the problem
is except it may be in the kernel.  Also tried recreating initramfs
using previous dracut, same problem.  So, older kernel is the workaround
for awhile....

HTH

--
Regards,