boot loop

Bruno Wolff III bruno at wolff.to
Sun Aug 12 22:15:09 UTC 2012

On Sun, Aug 12, 2012 at 11:35:34 -0400,
   "Clyde E. Kunkel" <clydekunkel7734 at verizon.net> wrote:

>Installing systemd-188-3.fc18 from koji, downgrading dracut (probably
>not necessary, but it was around from a previous try at fixing) and
>rebuilding the initramfs fixes this for me.  For a new install that
>is borked I guess you would have to boot a rescue disk, chroot into
>the installed system and make the fixes.

Just installing the new systemd and rebuilding the initramfs worked for me.
(However I then hit the polkit issue of not having a polkitd/polkituser
accounts and needed to resinstall that package before I coukd get a desktop.)

The (formerly?) gdm page was messed up pretty bad, but I could still login.