Draft: compendium image validation testing matrix

Adam Williamson awilliam at redhat.com
Tue Aug 14 02:16:40 UTC 2012

On 2012-08-13 5:39, Kamil Paral wrote:

>> https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/User:Adamwill/Draft_QA_Compendium_image_validation_results_template#Boot_and_sub-image_selection
>>
>> so 'multi_auto' would just be 'leave it, and check it does the right
>> thing', 'multi_manual' would be a test case that's something like
>> 'try
>> every entry besides basic video / memtest / local boot and make sure
>> they respond appropriately', and the other three are obvious - we
>> probably don't really need to do those three on both arches, we
>> could
>> split out a small table for those, I guess.
>
> This table is pretty neat.
>
> One thing though: I find "Multi-Live" and "Multi-DVD" names more
> straightforward than "Multi-Desktop" and "Multi-Install" (this one
> takes me a while to decipher). But that might be my personal feeling
> only.

Glad we're on the same wavelength now! Anyone else have comments?

On the names: I used the same names from the
Testcase_Mediakit_ISO_Checksums test case, for consistency. But I'm not
sure if we have 'official' names for these, really.
https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Artwork/MediaArt/F17 isn't terribly
consistent about what it calls them.
https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Multi_Boot_Media_SOP goes with 'Multi
Desktop DVD' and 'Dual Arch Installer DVD'. Maybe we need to come up
with something official :)