Kernel 3.5 Issue with Secondary Disk

Sawrub luckysharma11 at gmail.com
Wed Aug 15 12:07:32 UTC 2012

Hello All,

On August 11 the latest Kernel 'kernel-3.5.0-2.fc17.x86_64' was updated
via YUM and on rebooting the machine, there was an error similar to
'Welcome to emergency mode. Use systemctl default or ^D to active
default mode' for a second drive on the machine other then the one with
the installation.

But when I tried booting the machine with the old kernel
'kernel-3.4.6-2.fc17.x86_64', the system came up fine. So to my surprise
the issue is there with the new kernel. Did anyone else saw/faced the issue.

For the time being i've removed the kernel 3.5 from my machine and its
working fine. Will be happy to help to resolve this problem.

Attached is the dmesg log for the kernel 3.5 boot-up.

--
Saurabh Sharma
Linux user number: 490644