Fedora 18 Alpha (TC2) anaconda fail

Chris Murphy lists at colorremedies.com
Thu Aug 16 17:59:40 UTC 2012

WAS: Re: [Test-Announce] Fedora 18 Alpha Test Compose 2 (TC2) Available Now!

On Aug 16, 2012, at 11:48 AM, Chris Murphy wrote:

> I am not. Upon choosing a completely unformatted/unpartitioned disk, anaconda appears to implode and the VM reboots.
>
> If the disk is partitioned in advance, this problem does not occur. I have a link to screenshot here:
> https://dl.dropbox.com/u/3253801/F18alphaTC2textinstallnopartitionfail.png

Better screen shot:
https://dl.dropbox.com/u/3253801/F18alphaTC2textinstallnopartitionfail2.png

Failure ccurs with all three Autopartition options: Use All Space, Replace Existing Linux, Use Free Space, with a disk that lacks any partition map.

Failure does not occur if the disk has either an MBR or GPT.

Chris Murphy