[Test-Announce] Fedora 18 Alpha Test Compose 3 (TC3) Available Now!

Joachim Backes joachim.backes at rhrk.uni-kl.de
Fri Aug 17 06:02:16 UTC 2012

On 08/17/2012 06:35 AM, Orion Poplawski wrote:
> On 08/16/2012 07:46 PM, Andre Robatino wrote:
>> As per the Fedora 18 schedule [1], Fedora 18 Alpha Test Compose 3 (TC3)
>> is now available for testing.
>
> I appear to be completely unable to boot this kernel under kvm x86_64.
> Anyone else seeing this?

I tested the network based installer under VirtualBox
(Fedora-18-Alpha-TC3-x86_64-netinst.iso).

1. The graphical installer did not proceed (last anaconda msgs were:
Overriding tab label for notebook).

2. Then I tested a text based install which proceeded until the system
was installed. Problem: the root password (I entered during the
installation) was unknown so I could not login after the first boot).
Second problem: The keyboard type was not asked, so the first boot after
install was done with the wrong keyboard type.

Kind regards

--
Joachim Backes <joachim.backes at rhrk.uni-kl.de>

https://www-user.rhrk.uni-kl.de/~backes