[Fedora QA] #311: Bug #847644 does not show up as a proposed blocker in the new blocker tracker

Fedora QA trac at fedorahosted.org
Tue Aug 21 17:29:47 UTC 2012

#311: Bug #847644 does not show up as a proposed blocker in the new blocker
tracker
---------------------------------------+-----------------------
  Reporter:  adamwill                  |      Owner:  tflink
      Type:  defect                    |     Status:  new
 Component:  Blocker bug tracker page  |    Version:
Resolution:                            |   Keywords:
Blocked By:                            |   Blocking:
---------------------------------------+-----------------------

Comment (by tflink):

 Actually, there is nothing majorly wrong with the bz query listed in
 comment 4. I've added more comments to the code to explain bugzilla API
 query syntax and how to handle parenthesis in the query for future
 reference.

 I've added better logging to the bug sync algorithm and I have a theory on
 why these bugs aren't showing up. The bugzilla query is filtered based on
 modification times for the blocks, whiteboard and depends on fields - I'm
 not sure there there is a modification date for newly created bugs and
 thus, they don't appear in the query results.

 I'm doing some local testing with a different query that is less selective
 and takes creation date into account. Pulling in more bugs ends up taking
 longer but I think that I've found a way to keep it fast enough (at about
 1 minute for F18 alpha, beta, final) and another 2 minutes for a missing
 bug check which I'll disable once this bug has been closed.

--
Ticket URL: <https://fedorahosted.org/fedora-qa/ticket/311#comment:5>
Fedora QA <http://fedorahosted.org/fedora-qa>