Fwd: Re: Helping to improve advertising of test days and other things

"Jóhann B. Guðmundsson" johannbg at gmail.com
Thu Aug 23 11:00:33 UTC 2012

On 08/23/2012 09:28 AM, Samuel Greenfeld wrote:
> I think there is a more fundamental issue.
>
> From casual observation, it seems that more people like announcing
> they are a new Bugzapper than being a new general QA volunteer for Fedora.
>
> Besides the cool name, what causes this?

History and dont me get started on the detail neither the name that was
chosen for this nor split from regular user and other aspects of this
coming to being which took 3 attempts.

What triagers do ( a.k.a "Bugzappers" ) is essentially fiddling with bug
status and sometime respond to reports on the relevant components behalf
an vision that the John's had which they have both abandon afaik.

The skill set to perform this is essentially the same as reporter thus I
will ( as I had done on a meeting not so long ago and in the past  )
advocate that this will be merged back into QA community members tasks
and the bugzapper channel on freenode be removed. ( there is bit of bad
history in the QA community behind why that channel came to be in the
first place which me and James work hard on eliminate when he was with
us in QA )

JBG